Friday, October 9, 2009

Employment!


Whaaattt? *celebrates*

Yes, that's right, anonymous readers: yours truly has an on-campus job. LET THE PARTY BEGIN!

In all seriousness, though, I am pretty pumped about this. There are lots of positives about this turn of events and only one negative:

Positives:
- MONEY. Which is a good thing, considering that this college education I'm receiving is far from cheap, and student loans are frightening thing I hope to never have first-hand experience with.
- Resume Booster. When I read the description for the job, I thought, "Wow, they might as well have just said, 'Your name must be *firstname* *lastname*', because I'm that qualified." It's going to look amazinggg on my resume.

Negative:
- I kinda don't really have this kind of free time :/ . I'm already involved in five extracurriculars (>.<) plus taking 16 credits (a full load...although 2 of them are for a half-semester class that will end on October 21 and 2 more of them are music lessons, which amounts to one 40ish minute lesson a week).

So what is this job, you ask?

I'm a blogger.

Yep, that's right. I'm going to get PAID to do what I'm doing already. Well, I mean, I'm not going to get paid to do this particular blog. I'm blogging for part of the school. But whatever. I have to come up with a blog or two per week, and all they're asking for is 2-3 paragraphs per blog. Totally do-able. Plus since I want to go into journalism, this will look beautiful on my resume, because it will not only add a TON to my portfolio, but will prove that I can use technology, which according to my Mass Media teacher is very important. So there you have it.

And now I'm going to practice some things, because so far this blog has been all text. So here's some experimentation:



I googled "popular" and Google suggested "popular wicked." This was the first thing that came up. I'm a big fan, because I love Wicked. When Kristin Chenoweth was Glee last week, I died of happiness. (WHOA. I'm listening to shuffle on my iTunes, and "Defying Gravity" just came on. WEIRD).

*giggle*

Changing text color is fun.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

So there you have it. I just realized you could edit html in this, too. I really need to brush up on my html knowledge, since it's kinda limited at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment