Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 New Year's Resolutions

Oh, weird. I just discovered that people have actually read my blog. That strikes me as super strange, like finding out people in LATVIA had been reading my diary. But I guess that kind of comes with the territory of a blog, eh?

Anyways, mis resoluciones. (I don't know of that's actually a word or not)

1. Learn to say no.
-- Because I'm tired of being overcommitted.
2. Find little ways to save money.
-- Because I'm tired of being poor.
3. Be a better counselor.
-- More outgoing, more crazy, less yell-y, more kid-centered. Also, make lasting counselor-friend relationships.
4. Live in the moment.
-- While thinking about the future is all right, worrying about it constantly is worthless.
5. Start the job hunt.
-- I'm kidding. Kind of. In theory, this should be happening this time next year. In reality, I have a pretty good idea of how I want to spend my life long-term:
Option A: camp counselor summer 2011, school 2011-2012, graduate, camp counselor summer 2012, become year-round staff at camp and not leave for a long, long time.
Option B: camp counselor summer 2011, find serious boyfriend before May 2012, get married before 2014, have children, say "fuck you, college degree. I'm gonna be a mom, thnx."
To be completely honest, either one of those sounds FABULOUS. Disturbingly more fabulous than the "official plan," which is to go into journalism or PR.

HOLY CRAP. I JUST REALIZED I DON'T WANT TO DO JOURNALISM OR PR IF I CAN AVOID IT. I JUST WANT TO WORK AT CAMP FOREVER.

Oh boy. What a time to figure this out, eh? Three semesters left in college and I'm realizing I'm quite literally wasting my time and money on a degree I don't ever want to use. Ohhhhh boy. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment