Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dissatisfied

I feel like that's the name of the game for humanity. Dissatisfaction. 

I want more money.

I want a boyfriend.

I want a new boyfriend.

I want my boyfriend to be more (whatever).

I want to get out of this town. 

I want to be finished with this school.

I want new friends.

I want better friends.

I want more friends.

I want, I want, I want. All we see is what we don't have. And even when we do see what we have, we're not happy with it. Why can't we just accept the life we have? There's nothing wrong with striving to be all you can be or wanting the best for yourself. That's not what I'm trying to say. But what about in the mean time? Why can't you try to stop complaining, stop blaming your unhappiness on outside forces, and accept the fact that you are creating your own unhappiness? If you could just accept the life and the things and the surroundings you have, stop trying to change everything because you're so convinced that this town/school/boyfriend/family is hurting me instead of helping me, your life could be so much happier.

Satisfaction, people. Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment