Wednesday, December 23, 2009

And So It Begins...Again

Just found the facebook group for the next incoming freshmen class at my school. Ah, innocent high school seniors expecting the world once again. It just makes me sad, you know? I wish they didn't come in with such high expectations. I think a lot more people would enjoy their freshman year of college a lot more if they had a realistic view of college instead of an idealistic view. But alas, such is the world. Jaded upperclassman over here will just sit and shake her head at them, but will refrain from saying anything this year (probably). Because my time to do that was last year, and I did. So now I'll let other people take over my job.

In other news, I finished the semester with a 4.0. WOOT! I'm honestly thrilled about this, because I didn't expect it to happen. So that brings my cumulative GPA to a 3.97. I need a few more 4.0s and then I'll be able to graduate Summa Cum Laude, which would be outstanding because at the moment, my plan is to go to grad school immediately after finishing my undergrad. (Unless of course I have a job...in that case I'll wait on grad school until I lose my job, which is pretty much a guarantee, considering I'm pursuing a dying field. Awesome). But grad school is effing expensive, and my parents won't pay a penny of it. So basically, in order to go to grad school, I need to 1) save like there's no tomorrow (at the moment I'm saving 50% of every paycheck in the vain hope that it will make a difference. I'd save more, but I would like to, you know, be able to afford food and minor luxuries like that) and 2) get a buttload of scholarships. Since I'm not multicultural, it'd be difficult for me to get a full ride (another rant for another day). But I think I could do well with academic and need-based scholarships, especially academic if I graduate Summa Cum Laude (and to amazing on the GRE). So yes. Yay for another 4.0.

Second Semester goals/new year's resolutions are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment